PSE&G Energy Efficiency Rebates
Posted by Norman Fong
New rebates have been added for 2012.
Utility Company PSE&G or Public Service Electric and Gas has a bunch of programs and incentives to help save energy, go green, and save money.
- New Jersey Clean Energy Program – Receive $50 for recycling your old, working refrigerator or freezer.
- $50 rebate on new Energy Star appliances including Clothes washers. Exp 12/31
- Up to $400 rebate on furnaces, boilers, water heaters Exp 12/31
- $1200 incentive for solar domestic water heating system. Exp 12/31
- Up to $500 rebate on Central Air conditioners Exp 12/31
- Up to $500 rebate on Geothermal heat pump, heat pump Exp 12/31
- New Jersey my have a new solar Incentive program based on a rebate and additional Solar Renewable Energy Certificates or SRECs that you earn by generating solar power, and then sell back to your utility.
Questions, call 1-800-854-4444.
Always check your local utility’s web site for rebates before you buy a new item. We recently bought a new dishwasher that had a $50 utility company rebate that was not advertised by the store. They fulfilled the rebate in only 2 weeks. Green your home and get cash back. Most rebates run through December 31 or while funding is available
Federal Energy Efficiency Tax Credit
Be sure to also take advantage of the Federal Energy Efficiency Tax Credit. This Federal tax credit can save you money in addition to your utility companies’ promotions. It applies to many items including: Wind Turbines – GeoThermal Heat Pump – Solar panels.
Additional Resources for more information
Read our article: Ways to Save Energy, Money on your Energy Bill – It is full of tips to save you money.
Interested in Solar? Read our article Are Solar Panels for Me?
Other Power Utility Company Rebates
For Northern California Energy Rebates see: PG&E Energy Efficiency Rebates
For Southern California see: SCE Rebates or Southern California Edison Rebate for Energy Efficiency
For San Diego see: SDGE Rebates, SDG&E, or San Diego Gas and Electric Rebate for Energy Efficiency
Energy Efficiency Rebates for other locations.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed.