How to have a Green Halloween
Posted by Norman Fong
Having an Eco Friendly Green Halloween is more and more desirable these days. How can you green your Halloween?
- Buy your pumpkins, squash, and other vegetables from a local farmers market or from local sources
- Rent or buy your costume from used clothing stores like Goodwill. Reusing items that you already have is even better. Consider donating or giving away your costumes after Halloween.
- Utilize reusable bags to hold treats
- Trick-or-treat in your own neighborhood or carpool to your destination
- Compost the pumpkin, squash, leftovers, etc.
- Give out green oriented treats like organic fruit, repurposed trinkets
- Donate extra candy, food to local shelters
With a little preparation we all can make a difference, even on Halloween.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed.