How to have a Green Independence Day or Fourth of July
Posted by Norman Fong
Having an Eco Friendly Green Independence Day or Fourth of July is more and more desirable these days. How can you green your Independence Day or Fourth of July.
- Buy your meats to be barbecued, vegetables, and other food from a local farmers market or from local sources
- Carpool or take public transportation to fireworks, barbecues, picnics or events
- Don’t light off fireworks, view public performances of fireworks instead
- Rent or buy your decorations and picnic items from used stores like Goodwill. Reusing items that you already have is even better.
- Compost any waste, etc.
- Give out green oriented treats like organic fruit, re-purposed trinkets
With a little preparation we all can make a difference, even on Independence Day or Fourth of July.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed.