Having an Eco Friendly Green Independence Day or Fourth of July is more and more desirable these days. How can you green your Independence Day or Fourth of July.
- Buy your meats to be barbecued, vegetables, and other food from a local farmers market or from local sources
- Stick to organic, natural, free range products
- Buy beverages in larger containers and use recyclable or washable cups
- Carpool or take public transportation to fireworks, barbecues, picnics or events
- Don’t light off fireworks, view public performances of fireworks instead
- Rent or buy your decorations and picnic items from used stores like Goodwill. Reusing items that you already have is even better.
- Compost any waste, etc.
- Give out green oriented treats like organic fruit, re-purposed trinkets
With a little preparation we all can make a difference, even on Independence Day or Fourth of July.